Creation of Man & Woman
Mark - Chapter 10:6-9
"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female'.
7. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be
united to his wife;
8. And the two will become one flesh; so they are no longer two,
9. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
- Chapter 1:26-28 (taken
from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation ©. Copyright © 1996,
by Tyndale Chariatable Trust)
26. Then God said,
“Let us make people in our image, to be like ourselves. They will be masters
over all life - the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the
livestock, wild animals, and small animals."
27. So God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself;
male and female he created them.
28. God blessed them and told them, "Multiply and fill the earth
and subdue it. Be masters over the fish and birds and all the animals."
Genesis - Chapter 2:4-7
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.
When the Lord God made the earth and heavens-
5. and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no
plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain
on the earth and there was no man to work the ground,
6. but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface
of the ground -
7. the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living
- Chapter 2:20-25
20. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds
of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper
21. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into
a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and closed
up the place with flesh.
22. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out
of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken
out of man.”
24. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united
to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
25. The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible,
New International Version©. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, by
International Bible Society. Used by permission of the International Bible
Society. "NIV" and "New International Version" are
trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office
by International Bible Society