Couples in the Bible
Romans – Chapter 16:3-4
Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus.
4. They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of
the Gentiles are grateful to them.
5. Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend
Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.
Ruth - Chapter 4:13-17
So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife. Then he went to her, and the
Lord enabled her to conceive, and she gave birth to a son.
14. The women said to Naomi: "Praise be to the Lord, who this day has
not left you without a kinsman-redeemer. May he become famous throughout
15. He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age. For your
daughter-in-law, who loves you and who is better to you than seven sons,
has given him birth.
16. Then Naomi took the child, laid him in her lap and cared for him.
17. The women living there said, "Naomi has a son." And they named him
Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David.
First Samuel - Chapter 1:19-20
Early the next morning they arose and worshiped before the Lord and then
went back to their home at Ramah. Elkanah lay with Hannah his wife, and
the Lord remembered her.
20. So in the course of time Hannah conceived and gave birth to a son.
She named him Samuel, saying, "Because I asked the Lord for him."
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version©. Copyright
© 1973, 1978, 1984, by International Bible Society. Used by permission
of the International Bible Society. "NIV" and "New International Version"
are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office
by International Bible Society