Deuteronomy - Chapter 6:1-9
1. These are the commands, decrees
and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the
land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess,
2. so that you, your children and their children after them may fear
the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and
commands that I will give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.
3. Hear, O Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with
you that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey
just as the Lord, the God of your fathers, promised you.
4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
5. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul
and with all your strength.
6. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
7. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home
and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get
8. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
9. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
Ephesians - Chapter 4:25-32
25. Therefore each of you
must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we
are all members of one body.
26. In your anger do not sin; do not let the sun go down while you are
27. and do not give the devil a foothold.
28. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing
something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share
with those in need.
29. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only
what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that
it may benefit those who listen.
30. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed
for the day of redemption.
31. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander,
along with every form of malice.
32. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other,
just as in Christ God forgave you.
First Thessalonians - Chapter 5:15
15. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but
always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
Ephesians - Chapter 6:16-18
16. In addition to all this, take
up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming
arrows of the evil one.
17. Take the helmet of salvation and
the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers
and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying
for all the saints.
- Chapter 13:5-6 (
taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation ©. Copyright
© 1996, by Tyndale Chariatable Trust)
5. Stay away from the love of money;
be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never
fail you. I will never forsake you."
6. That is why we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper,
so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
Peter - Chapter 3:8-13
all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as
brothers, be compassionate and humble.
9. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing,
because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
10. For whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue
from evil and his lips from deceitful speech.
11. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue
12. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive
to their prayer, but the face of the lord is against those who do evil.