heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king;
my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.
2. You are the most excellent of men and your lips have been anointed
with grace, since God has blessed you forever.
3. Gird your sword upon your side, O mighty one; clothe yourself with
splendor and majesty.
4. In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility
and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds.
5. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the kingís enemies; let
the nations fall beneath your feet.
6. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice
will be the scepter of your kingdom.
7. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God,
has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
8. All your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from palaces
adorned with ivory the music of the strings makes you glad.
9. Daughters of kings are among your honored women; at your right hand
is the royal bride in gold of Ophir.
10. Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and
your fatherís house.
11. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.
12. The Daughter of Tyre will come with a gift, men of wealth will seek
13. All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven
14. In embroidered garments she is led to the king; her virgin companions
follow her and are brought to you.
15. They are led in with joy and gladness; they enter the palace of the
16. Your sons will take the place of your fathers; you will make them
princes throughout the land.
17. I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the
nations will praise you for ever and ever.
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version©. Copyright
© 1973, 1978, 1984, by International Bible Society. Used by permission
of the International Bible Society. "NIV" and "New International Version"
are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office
by International Bible Society