Designed to be Man's Helper
Genesis - Chapter 2:20-24(
taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation ©. Copyright
© 1996, by Tyndale Chariatable Trust)
20. He gave names
to all the livestock, birds, and wild animals. But still there was no
companion suitable for him.
21. So the Lord God caused Adam to fall into a deep sleep. He took one
of Adam's ribs and closed up the place from which he had taken it.
22. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib and brought her to Adam.
23. "At last!" Adam exclaimed. "She is part of my own flesh
and bone! She will be called 'woman,' because she was taken out of a man."
24. This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined
to his wife, and the two are united into one.
First Corinthians - Chapter 11:8-9,11-12
8. For man did not
come from woman, but woman from man;
9. neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.
11. In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man
independent of woman.
12. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything
comes from God.
taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version©. Copyright © 1973,
1978, 1984, by International Bible Society. Used by permission of the
International Bible Society. "NIV" and "New International Version" are
trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office
by International Bible Society